Friday, April 20, 2007

Day Eight - Wednesday April 18, 2007

Man, am I tired. I was up until 5am editing video from the New York Car show into a trailer clip. Then my wife woke me at 8am and it felt like I had just closed my eyes. I hate when that happens. Going to bed late and having trouble waking up has been a lifelong theme for me. I distinctly remember in 1st grade having my parents drag me in to a meeting with the principal to talk about why I couldn't/wouldn't wake up for school in the morning. It was one of those stupid things parents do when they don't have any solutions of their own and think that the principal will either: a) Intimidate their son into changing his behavior (fat chance); or (b) Have some ideas of his own.

They tried moving the alarm clock to the other side of the room (annoying but unable to stop me from returning to bed and sleep), getting one of those REALLY LOUD RINGING old-fashioned alarm clocks (just as easy to turn off), having my dad personally wake me up multiple times (Yes dad, I'm awake...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz), and then resorting to threatening me with spanking and "the belt" first thing in the morning. Oh, how I miss those Wonder Years.

When I went to Target on Monday night, I purchased some supplements, which is pretty rare for me because: a) I think supplements are a scam; and (b) I'm no sucker. But I had run out of my Keto Protein powder which I had picked up about four years earlier at a cost of $1.59 in some GNC bin. I almost ordered online, but Target had EAS Vanilla Whey Protein for $13 for a 2lb tub, which seemed reasonable. I also picked up some MuscleMilk punchboxes for $5.99 a pack to take with me in the car or into the city. They're really tasty. I have been a fan of MuscleMilk since I picked up some free tubs at the 2004 NFL Combine where Cytosport had an unmanned booth and left about 10 tubs sitting on the table. Regrettably, I could only fit two in my bag that day.

I ate clean all day:

Chicken Breast
Chicken Meatloaf
Protein Shakes
Muscle Milk
Almonds
Cashews

Crystal Light (particularly Raspberry Lemonade) has been a savior for me since I crave sweet drinks. I also went shopping and picked up some Diet Pepsi Jazz Black Cherry Vanilla which is totally awesome and I still can't believe they can fit all that goodness into a 12oz can without a single calorie. That's some first rate technology on display right there.

I did a Back workout at around 7pm.

Pulldowns
One Arm Rows
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Rear Delt Machine

Then I did 40 minutes of cardio. I'm so freaking ripped it's unbelievable.

Okay, so I'm still fat. At least I have the right mindset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home