Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day Seven - April 17, 2007

I can be a bit of a procrastinator. Okay, a bit more than a bit. For example, today is tax day -- the last day to file. And I will drive 40 miles to Manhattan's West Side to file my tax return at three minutes to midnight. My 2004 tax return!!! DOH!

I felt I deserved a day off from the gym today for all of my hard work the past week.

I ate clean pretty much all day:

Turkey roll-ups
Cucumber
PB Protein Shakes
Chicken Breast
Trout

And then I went to file my tax return in NYC and I couldn't help myself. I was just four blocks from Gray's Papaya Hot Dogs. If you've never been there or heard of it, let me tell you about it. The dogs are thin and crispy. They cost $1.50 each. They have all kinds of Yummy drinks like pina colada punch and coconut juice, but of course, the namesake papaya drink is the choice of most hot dog fans. Gray's Papaya is actually rated the #1 Value in the New York City Zagat Restaurant Guide.

I exercised some self-control and only had three plain hot dogs and passed on the papaya juice. Mmmmmmm...those hot dogs sure were good. Still unsure about whether or not that qualifies as a cheat meal since I didn't have any ice cream or cake.

This photo is the actual Gray's Papaya I went to on 37th and 8th Avenue. Bon Appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home