Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day Two - April 12, 2007


...This is me from 1988...

I woke up around 8am today and drove my son to pre-school. Then I went straight to the gym. This is the only way that I can be sure to get to the gym and not be rushed. My plan was to just do straight cardio because I find it almost impossible to lift weights in the morning without having eaten and without any energy. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, rising from 3.0-3.4 mph and raising the incline to 2.0 and then 4.0. My heartrate never went above 114. Usually when I run on the treadmill, my HR goes to 150. When I sprint, I think I've hit 170 before.

I am concerned about the cardio plan. First, doing the recommended 70 minutes per day is a LOT OF TIME to spend walking in place. Second, in the past, I've found that the only thing that jumpstarts my metabolism and causes the pounds to start melting away is to run at a 5.5-7.5mph clip. Just 20 minutes of that has allowed me to lose 20-25lbs in 2-3 weeks in the past. Oh well, we shall see.

I went to the grocery store after my workout and picked up some Omega-3 eggs and a large box of Eggbeaters, for when I'm too lazy to break eggs and clean up. I also picked up a few cans of Cashews and another lb of almonds (which are pretty expensive!).

Meal One: I made eggbeaters over macadamia nut oil and tossed in a little shredded cheddar. Those eggbeaters are pretty bland so I added some salt and pepper to make them edible. I ate some cashews too. I was thisclose to pouring some OJ, but I decided to stick with the program and made a batch of Crystal Light - Raspberry Lemonade. That was actually pretty good!

Stomach feeling empty within 1.5 hours of Meal One.

Meal Two: Chicken Breast with Cashews. (No omega capsule!)

Meal Three: Protein Shake w/peanut butter

I am taking my inlaws out to dinner so I drank a protein shake first. Unfortunately, it's been 30 minutes and I'm starving again. I need some FOOD IN MY BELLY!! It's 7:30 pm. I'm gonna go drink a glass of water and find something else to munch on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home